Each semester at Effortless Movement, we use a different series of mat exercises as an assessment. This pops up in Week 2, 6 and 10 of the term so that students can feel how their strength and mobility has changed. Here’s the mat sequence for Fall Term 2018, in case you’d like to do it for homework over the Thanksgiving break.
Fall Term 2018 Assessment Series
- 100 – do it in 40 seconds!
- Rollup 5x
- Single Leg Circle 5x each direction, both legs
- Side Leg Series: front/back, up/down, small circles (side 1)
- Heel beats 50x
- Side Leg Series: front/back, up/down, small circles (side 2)
- Single Leg Kick
- Double Leg Kick
- Ab series Level 1: Single Leg Stretch, Double Leg Stretch, Basic Criss Cross
- Ab series Level 2: Single Leg Stretch, Double Leg Stretch, Single Straight Leg, Basic Criss Cross
- Ab series Level 3: Single Leg Stretch, Double Leg Stretch, Single Straight Leg, Double Straight Leg, Bad-ass Criss Cross
- Find your 2-way reach in each exercise, this turns on your Powerhouse
- Engage your Scoop whenever you move
- Your Seat Rules your Feet. Use your booty whenever you’re clicking your heels together.
- One thing moves, everything else stays still. The still parts are the sneaky work!
Listen to Your Body
- If your neck is gripping or working, prop your head on your squishy ball (or a rolled up towel)
- If your low back is gripping or working, aim your legs vertically. They will weigh less this way.
Time-sensitive announcements for November 2018:
- November R+F Specials
- Winter 2019 Pilates Schedule
- Winter 2019 Low Back Workshop details
- Winter 2019 Vision Board Workshop details
In the studio – when they’re gone, they’re gone:
- Sticky Be holiday socks $10/pair
- Foot Domes $15/pair
- Soft Rollers $30
- Active Hydration Body Replenish $65/tub (ask me for a sample — it’s the best moisturizer EVER)