Pilates Spring 2020 Semester
runs March 30- June 5th
- UPDATE: due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, PCC Community Ed classes are closed 3/17- 4/17. The projected start date for Spring term is now 4/18 (yes, a Friday — expect an update as we get closer to this date)
- UPDATE: I’ve requested to extend Spring Pilates programming through 6/12 to give us an 8-week semester. I’ll update here and via email when I have more details.
- UPDATE: I understand everyone with travel plans is up in the air. The refund period for classes that run 8-10 weeks: you have 6 calendar days after the date of the first class to log a drop and receive a 100% refund. So, it’s ok to let your registration sit for a bit. You won’t need to decide for sure until mid-late April.
- Online Registration for Pilates Summer Semester opens 7am Wed March 4 at http://www.pcc.edu
- No Classed on Monday 5/25 for Memorial Day – Monday series price reflects this
The Studio is closed for Memorial Day: Monday, May 25
HOW TO REGISTER
Step 1: Choose the Small Group Level that’s appropriate for you:
- Small Group Reformer + Tower Level 1
- Small Group Reformer + Tower Level 2
- Small Group Reformer + Tower Level 3
Step 2: Create a Portland Community College Account here
Step 3: Register at my.pcc.edu for classes using the “CRN” (aka: course registration number) above. Each 10-class series is $279; Monday series misses 1 class and is priced at $255.
WHAT TO DO WHEN A CLASS IS SOLD OUT
Pilates does not have an automated waitlist. Your best bet is to try registering online again as we get closer to the start of the term — people DO often drop/add as we get close to the start date. You can also peek at the PCC course listings — you can see there how many spots are currently open.
- Class descriptions can be found here.
- Level 1, 2, 3 Reformer/Tower Classes are capped at 8 people maximum. You won’t get lost in a crowd; I’m keeping an eye on the progress of each student in class. Since you’re coming at the same time each week, we’ll all get to know each other! Everyone has their own set of equipment: reformer, tower & table, jump board, long box, magic circle, squishy ball and more.
- Who are my students? Professors, architects, engineers, librarians, other Pilates teachers, retired people, professional athletes, actors, chiropractors, osteopaths, singers, artists, moms, dads, grandparents, yoga teachers, runners, skiers…..you’ll run into all kinds of people at the studio. The common thread among them: everyone wants to feel good while living their life and doing what they love to do. Joe’s intention all along was simply to make your life better.
- Students can make-up missed classes within the same semester on a space-available basis. Please use the swap-out book at the studio to reserve your make-up class or to cross yourself off for a day that you know you’ll miss.
- Extra drop-in classes are $30 each. *Must be an existing student of the studio.
- If you’d like to join a standing class beyond the start-date of the semester, I can pro-rate a series for you, so that you’re not paying for classes that have already occurred. *This option is only available to students who have previously taken Pilates at this studio. The lingo and equipment set-up here is specific — please feel free to email me with questions.