This is the SECRET PAGE for the Winter 2021 Put a Spring on It students; please don’t share the page or the links with other people. I’ll update it each week, after class has occurred. You won’t have to search in your emails for links — they’ll all live here!
How to get to the Zoom class (same info for all classes for the entire semester!)
- Meeting #: 876 746 0037
- Password: 231199
- You can download Zoom and plug in the meeting # & password OR you can use this link:
- Link:https://portlandcc.zoom.us/j/8767460037?pwd=M09BQkNLRzR5RXRRaFBDOFNlZVhNQT09 (you will likely need to cut & paste this)
Pre-workout, we added a pelvic floor release to boost inner thigh stretches. YES, your Pelvic Floor can be too tight and it’s a common occurrence in the Pilates profession. Too tight can cause: cranky back, tight inner thighs, digestive issues and…no more orgasms.
This Week’s exercise series begins in a standing position — feet parallel, split stance. (similar to this week’s mat class)
Single Arm Spring, high connection:
- Stable Lunge + Stable Shoulder
- Stable Lunge + Forward Punch
- Split Stance Squat + Biceps Curl
- Seated (same spring set-up) cross body rolldown
- Seated Low Row
- Seated Low Row with Torso Turn
Single Leg Spring, low connection
- Stomping Ants – try it with and without the “gas pedal” position on the free leg. Big Difference!
Single Leg Spring, high connection
- Straight Leg Pulldown – try it with and without the “gas pedal” position on the free leg. Big Difference
Click Here for Workout 3 video
This week, we used 1 spring at a time, rather than 2 springs connected to the same anchor — it worked out well!
Main exercises for this week:
Kneeling, using 1 arm spring
- Upper back rolldown variations
- Low Row variations
- Twist variations (here is where I found out: I’m weaker on my right side!)
- Supine Hi/Lo pulls with a stable pelvis
- Supine Stomp ants
- Supine Circles
- Side-lying Stomp Ants
- Side-lying Front/Back sweep with a stable pelvis
NOTE: Side-lying leg spring work requires a hand on the mat to help you stabilize. In mat classes, I’m encouraging folks to work on finding the stability from the lower leg…..but they don’t have a heavy leg spring attached!
Click Here for class 2 workout
Week 1 Winter 2021
In week 1, we’re getting the settings figured out! Tip: mark on your door frame with a piece of tape “shoulder height” and “knee height” — that’s where you want your anchors placed before class. With a single anchor, I’m going to avoid 2-spring exercises — they’ll be kinda annoying.
Main exercises for this week:
- Standing elbow bends
- Standing Arm pulls
- Standing Biceps curls
- Standing Shot Put
- Side Lying Stomp Ants
- Side Lying Parallel Circles
- Side Lying Hi Low
- Side Lying Foot Slides
- Ending: Single Leg Kick
Click here for the Week 1 Workout
Joe, adding his body weight to a student doing leg press on the Guillotine. Yeah, that’s some muscle work! Photo compliments of Sean Gallagher, Elaine Ewing, and JH Pilates Source™