This is the SECRET PAGE for Level 2 students in Summer semester 2021; please don’t share the page or the links with other people. I’ll update it each week, after class has occurred.
How to get to the Zoom class (same info for all classes for the entire semester!)
- Meeting #: 876 746 0037
- Password: 231199
- You can download Zoom and plug in the meeting # & password OR you can use this link:
- Link:https://portlandcc.zoom.us/j/8767460037?pwd=M09BQkNLRzR5RXRRaFBDOFNlZVhNQT09 (you will likely need to cut & paste this)
Videos stay up for 2 weeks.
Week 5: Changing your Orientation to Gravity
This week, we get into the nitty-gritty on taxing your muscles from different angles, which adds/removes stability points and always makes you stronger using movement patterns that your brain already knows.
Items to have available for this workout: squishy ball OR rolled-up towel; Theraband; 2lb hand weights or bottles of water or cans of soup; access to a wall or piece of furniture (something stable!)
New Exercises this week:
- Standing Saw
- Standing Leg Circles
- Theraband Frog in varying leg positions
- All-4’s Leg Lifts
- All-4’s Leg Circles
- Knee Flops become Low Can-can
CLICK HERE for the Week 5 video
Week 6: Changing your Orientation to Gravity, part 2
This week, we’re focusing on your CRUNCH — the shortening of your upper abdominals as a way to create the Round shape. The back body should stay LONG, while the upper abs create the roundness. We’re taking this CRUNCH into different orientations to gravity
Items to have available for this workout: squishy ball OR rolled-up towel; 2lb hand weights or bottles of water or cans of soup; an ottoman or chair or spine corrector (the less squishy, the better)
New Exercises this week:
- Standing Saw with WIDER legs
- Seated Saw with WIDER legs
- Standing T with a weighted option
- Standing Chest Expansion with a weighted option
- Chest Expansion Arm Swivel
- Abs series using the arms to create the crunch
- Backward Rowing Round on an Ottoman (so, so good for finding length in your spine!)
- Crab — a face down Hug a Tree!
- Teaser Knee Ups
- Teaser Leg ups
- Can-can becomes Teaser Legs
CLICK HERE for the Week 6 video
As promised: the NYTimes article about the Viking coins: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/12/world/europe/medieval-french-coins-poland.html?
My sleuth-friend, Elaine Ewing found more archival Pilates pics and articles! The focus of her posts today was using Pilates apparatus to increase vocal endurance and projection. While we were talking about it on Facebook, one of our Pilates teacher friends said, “oh yes, when I was 14 and singing in The Sound of Music, Roberta Peters taught me Mr Herman’s breathing techniques AND Mr Pilates’ breathing techniques.” (for the Opera fans in the house, this is SO cool — Roberta Peters is a legend!)
My newly organized fridge! Game changer items: lazy susans and stackable glass containers from Rubbermaid that all use the same size lid.